Tuesday, November 26, 2013

All You Need Is Megane~

Hi hiiiii~
It's that time again! We're about half way through this anime season. Ok maybe a little more than half for some series (and less than half for others) but I actually started drafting this post about two weeks ago so it was valid at the time. Well whatever. It's here now, and that's all that matters right. Anyway in this post I'm gonna fill you all in on what I am watching, and what I tried watching but gave up on, for this season. Seeing as there's soooo many, and I'm way too busy (and lazy) to talk about even half of them in detail, I'm going this all very short. Like, 2-3 sentences per series, maybe. I feel like I always say that I'm going to keep shit short, but it never works out, so cross your fingers and hope that mine don't get away from me.

What I'm Watching~

Super Seisyun Brothers (Super Seisyun Brothers ―超青春姉弟s―)
Ok so despite each episode of this series being only about four minutes long, it is probably my favourite anime of the season. And I don't even know why, really. It's just so. Cute. Easy and pleasant to watch. You know. It's a mini slice of life, and ever since I watched Kimi to Boku, I'm getting much more into this chilled out, realistic genre. I really, really like this one.

Kyoukai no Kanata (境界の彼方)(Beyond the Boundary)
At first, I wasn't going to watch KNK. I saw the promo poster and was like, oh typical, no thanks. But then I read more about it and was like, ok it sounds kinda good, maybe. Then I saw a bunch of screen caps and gifsets on tumblr the day the first episode came out, and I was like, ok I'll watch it. I'm not going to say it's the best series I've ever watched and that it's super amazing. Honestly, I still don't particularly love this series as much as everyone else seems to. I like it, but I don't love it. Regardless, there's something about it that keeps me watching every week. (That idol song episode was kind of pushing it for me though...)

Kyousougiga (京騒戯画)
I really don't know what to say about this series. It's like the Uchouten Kazoku of this season. It's so, so unique in every aspect and so bizarre and I'm just lost and confused but it's so incredibly enthralling and I just love it so much. I'm really attached to this series. I remember when I watched the first episode everyone was still buzzing over KNK and I was just like, what are you guys doing have you SEEN the first episode of Kyousougiga? It's really fucking cool and I cannot wait to see where it goes.


Meganebu! (メガネブ!)
Hahaha remember when this one was announced and we were all watching Free! and were so excited about another specialized hot guy anime aimed at females (even more so because this one was about glasses?) What happened to that buzz huh... People seemed to watch the first episode and disregard it? Like, people were actually disappointed by it? I'm really not sure what you were expecting from an anime based solely around five guys in a glasses appreciation club? Well, it's their fault for comparing it to Free! and not giving it a chance right off the bat, and their loss. Because while this series may not have a plot (I'm not going to try and deny it this series has absolutely zero plot) it's still really enjoyable. It's funny, light hearted and just generally entertaining. I love it, idec what you say. 


Nagi no Asukara (凪のあすから)
Ohhh mannnn I loooove this series but the angst oh god the angst. Sometimes I really can't handle how full of angst this series about MIDDLE SCHOOLERS IS. TOO. MUCH. ANGST. But no really this is a really good series. It's quite a unique story and setting, and the characters are very dynamic and relatable. If not really frustrating sometimes... but you can't help but love them? Idk man just watch it. I'm really not looking forward to whatever goes down in the final episodes oh god I don't think I'll be able to deal with it whatever it is I SENSE HEARTBREAK.


Diamond no Ace (ダイヤのA)(Ace of Diamond)
I get the opening song for this series stuck in my head all the fucking time. And why the fuck am I even watching an anime about baseball in the first place I don't know the first thing about baseball I don't even like sport. So why the fuck do I love this anime so damn much. I don't know, I really don't. But I do. I watched the first episode the day it came out and that was it I sold my soul I'm gone. Fuck this anime (I love it so much). And try to tell me that our cutie Eijun is not the Eren Yeager of baseball I dare you. That was literally the first thing I thought about Eijun, within the first five minutes of the first episode. Like, one Eren ruining my life is enough??? Come on...


Gingitsune (ぎんぎつね)
This anime is cute. It's nice! It's only ever so slightly angstu at times, otherwise it's mostly sweet and fun and lighthearted and I like it very much. I love anime like this, I love series to do with spirits and gods and traditional things. And sometimes I like anime that doesn't wrench my heart out on a continual basis (coughSNKcough). So this one is right up my alley. In terms of plot it's one if these ones that doesn't really have a set plot at the moment, like each episode has it's own story? Or the episodes are two parters. So yeah it's nice. Refreshing~ 


Yozakura Quartet ~Hana no Uta~ (夜桜四重奏 ~ヨザクラカルテット~ ハナノウタ)
I almost dropped this series about 3 times. The blatant fan service is a bit much, especially in episode four, I think? This one does push my limits a bit, but I'm glad I've stuck with it, because it's a really intriguing story and the characters are relatively complex. It's a good mix of humour and angst, so it's quite enjoyable to watch and easy to follow, but without being flat or boring. You can 100% tell that it's demographic is shounen, and whether or not that's a good thing is up to you to decide.


Non Non Biyori (のんのんびより)
Ahhhh I love this anime it's like Azumanga all over again! It's so cute and so funny and so fucking random and it's just wonderful. That's all I can really say about it... Um yeah the art is nice? Idk this anime has no point I swear. Think Lucky Star but set in the countryside? 


Samurai Flamenco (サムライフラメンコ)
I don't really know why I keep watching this anime each week, and after episode seven, I'm seriously considering dropping it. It was just too fucking ridiculous. Which is a shame, because up until that point I think I was quite enjoying it. I liked that it was realistic, set in the real world, with just this cute guy who wants to be a hero and fight evil but obviously doesn't have any hero powers because that stuff isn't real and for the first few episodes continually gets his ass handed to him. It's quite funny. But idk anymore. I'll see how the next episode plays out I guess. 


Galilei Donna (ガリレイドンナ)
Kamiya Hiroshi voices the hot guy with red hair. That's it. No no I'm kidding. Mm, it's kinda cute, a bit sweet, but with enough of a story to get me invested in it. This is one of the ones that I was particularly looking forward to, and it hasn't disappointed me so far. Honestly it's not amazing, but it's good. I'm just curious to see how the story and characters will progress from here. 


Dropped~

Kill la Kill (キルラキル)
Mmmm nope I'm not even gonna explain  this. I really don't think I even have to tbh. 


Log Horizon (ログ・ホライズン)
This anime was really boring... That's all I can really say about it. Like, unless you're seriously into online gaming and MMORPGs and stuff, I doubt this series will hold much interest for you. It certainly didn't capture my attention, it felt more like a chore to watch this every week. I never looked forward to it. The art isn't that good, and the story isn't really that unique. Plus the characters are flat. Overall just not my thing I guess. 


Diabolik Lovers (ディアボリックラヴァーズ)
Fuck this anime is fucked up. Seriously. What the fuck. I don't even know what to say. Just... No? I was really looking forward to this one, and I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. Like, I knew it would be kinda darker than your typical, but... Too much. I guess it's my fault for having warped expectations. I was just like, ooooh a bunch of hot guys that looks good. Usually I'm way into that. It's not even the cool kind of dark, this is just fucked up. I really don't know how to explain it, watching this anime just made me really uncomfortable ok. And plus I hate the main character. I thought she was gonna be really cool in from the first episode, but she just turned typical very quickly. Rather than progressing as a character she regressed. She really pissed me off. Plus this series is way too hetero for me anyway //bricked

Golden Time (ゴールデンタイム)
Ehhh it was boring? Like, it just really isn't interesting at all? I can't see this having much in the way of story or character development? The main character really fucked me off? The art is kind of alright but nothing special? Idk this series was just a big miss for me. Would not recommend. Honestly I can't think of any group of people that would enjoy this anime...


Tokyo Ravens (東京レイヴンズ)
Ok so I haven't actually dropped this one, I just put it on hold for a while I guess? Like, I want to finish it one day, but I have too many other things to watch right now, it was getting too hard to keep up. So I will continue with this anime one day, hopefully soon. I like it, it has an interesting story, though the characters can be kind of frustrating. Also the CGI kind of irritates me, because it just looks so out of place and isn't really well done, but I'll get over it. 

And that brings us to the end! I think I write a little more than I intended to, but not too bad overall, right? Actually I'm sorry this post is really crap huh. No surprises there then. I should stop telling myself that I'll get better at this stuff, because it clearly isn't happening. Plus I'm publishing this post while I may work on my phone, so it's probably riddled with errors. But at this point I've been working on this for so damn long and I really can't bothered anymore I just want to get it posted. I'm really sorry for the awful reading experienced, if you bothered to read this far at all. As always I greatly appreciate you reading, thank you thank you~

Just before I finish, I just wanna say that I probably won't be posting again for a while. At least, not until I get back from Japan ;D
So happy holidays, see you on the other side!

See you dudes next time~

Now Playing - In Bloom by ALSDEAD

No comments:

Post a Comment