Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Memories Drift In And Out Of My Mind~

And the little people get left behind~
So whateverrrrrrr~

That may or may not be one of my favourite Adventure Time quotes ever. I have my reasons ok. Anyway it's only marginally relevant to this post, in the way of I have forgotten pretty much everything that I have done between now and my last post. Which, was over a month ago huhuhu forever a useless blogger. That being said, I probably haven't even done that much, so I guess it's no huge loss. I feel like my posts are just getting really repetitive. Me not remembering if I did anything of interest, and just rambling about music things or anime things, because that's pretty much all my life consists of.

Other than going to work on Sundays and Mondays, I don't really get out that much. If I do go out it's usually just to go to the supermarket or the library or something. I don't mind it. I prefer staying home. This past month I only really made an effort and got dressed up to go out once. It was nice, I do like making an effort. I just don't see the point in going to all the trouble if I know I'm only going to be out for like, an hour. And I'm actually really lazy and it takes me ages to get ready and sometimes you know, it's just not worth it. This one time I was actually out for the whole day though, so I tried.


Yes hello this is my face and I actually kind of liked how it looked that day ok.


Top notch editing I know try to not be too overwhelmed. (She was pulling a huge derp face and would probably de-friend me if I posted the normal picture).
I didn't get a chance to take a full outfit picture this day, so this will have to do. I was wearing tattoo tights with scissors on them with thigh-high ripped socks over top, and my white Doc Martins. The shirt is Super Lovers and the cardigan is Listen Flavor. 

Other than that, and working, I didn't go out much. Just stayed home watching anime. No regrets. 


I received my copy of GOTCHAROCKA's Crisis~ No Toya card again this time, but I was pretty happy to receive the card with all of them! I would like to review the album, but I feel I've left it too late, and honestly I think I need to listen through it a few more times before I'd be able to review it properly. By properly, I mean more than just mindless fangirling about how fucking fantastic it is because it is fUCKING FANTASTIC OMFG. 

Actually, something that you may have noticed that's been happening with me is the move away from music being my dominant interest, back to anime and manga. I say 'back', because before I was obsessed with jrock and visual kei, I was already obsessed with anime and manga. So this is all nothing new to me. It's hard to explain really, but basically I have a very one-track mind, and I can't really be obsessed with more than one thing at a time. You know. Like, I'll still love my other interests, but I can only handle one dominant interest at a time. I know, it's kind of pathetic huh... But it's just the way my mind works, I can't help it. Because when I'm interested in something, I throw my whole being into liking it. It's hard to keep up with myself sometimes. In a way though, I've realized, that's why I've stopped being so interested in music. Well, that's not right. I still love music, and I still listen to music all the time. I guess I should be more specific, and say that's why I've stopped being so interested in visual kei. Why I've stopped trying to immerse myself in it. It's too hard to keep up with the whole scene, sometimes. There's always something being released, from countless artists, be it a single, and album, a DVD, magazines. Bands are breaking up and forming left right and center. It's actually exhausting trying to keep up with it all, and there came a point for me where it was no longer fun to try. It wasn't something I enjoyed doing. Trying to be up to date on all the artists I listen to, trying to hunt down entire discographies before I felt I had the right to call myself a fan, knowing who is releasing what and when, and deciding which releases I would be able to buy. I found myself no longer being able to justify spending $35 on a single, or $50 on a mini album. Keeping up with interviews and live streams and blogs and twitters... honestly, it just became too much. I feel like there's so much pressure, if you're a fan of visual kei, for you to be and act a certain way. I don't really feel like getting into all that right now though, so I'll just leave it at that. And actually, I feel happier now because of this. I just listen to whatever I feel like, whatever makes me happy. I do still listen to the visual artists that I like, of course, my favourite bands are visual. But I've stopped forcing myself to try to keep up, and I'm branching out my musical tastes a bit. It's refreshing, you know. 

Anywaaaay. Speaking of anime (we weren't really speaking about it but humor me ok), instead of spending all my earnings on CDs and the like, I've been buying more anime and manga related goods. I regret nothing.


Two issues of Pash! magazine (June issue with Karneval on the cover, and August issue with SNK on the cover yehyeh). The Karneval Illustration Book, which is really beautiful by the way. If you're a fan of the series this book is a must. Volumes 10+11 of the Karneval manga, a another Karneval book. I'm not sure what it is exactly, it's more manga and I guess stories that aren't related to the main storyline? Idk, but it was super cheap, so I got it. Nice order, huh. It cost me an arm and a leg in shipping, but it was so worth it. 


Then I received this order just yesterday. Pash! September issue with Free! on the cover (hnnn babies), Karneval Animation Guide, and Karneval volume 1 on Blu-ray. While the Blu-rays are substantially more expensive than the DVDs, they do have English subtitles and are compatible with my PS3, so I didn't really have choice. It's very pretty though huhuhu. I've also ordered some SNK phone straps, some useless Karneval merch, the first SNK Illustration book and the second Karneval Blu-ray. I'm also waiting until it's a little closer to the release date to order the Free! animation guide book. I'm pumped, yo.

Also, I'm not sure if you've noticed the difference in the quality of my photos between the last one and all the rest. It's because the last photo was taken on my new iPhone 5 whaaaaat uuuuuup~ I'm sorry, I'm just really stoked to have it. I've already had it a week but I'm still buzzing over it. Ah, I can feel my Apple snob status has been elevated 50%.  

And that's all I've got this time, really. This post was super all over the place, so I'm sorry about that. How do blog. Idk. Haven't figured it out yet sorrrrrrry. 

I'm planning on making my next post another anime post, but this time mostly centered around the on-going series that I'm watching right now (with the exception of SNK cause I've already written about it). I'm actually really excited to write it and I'll probably get started on it within the next few days, so please look forward to it! It'll probably be 100% more interesting than this lame post (and all my other lame posts about my life for that matter). 

No now playing today because I'm not listening to anything. I'm blogging and watching Must Love Cats at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment