Monday, May 27, 2013

Picking Up The PIECES~

Hey all~
So this post is a little out of the ordinary for me, I'm just so overwhelmed and excited right now, I have to share this excitement! I've been adding/updating things here, so it's kind of turned into a bio/intro post as well as a fangirling post.

As you may or may not know, one of my absolute favourite bands in the world is PIECE. They are so special to me and very dear to my heart. Unfortunately, despite being active as PIECE since 2009 (prior to that they were all together as LHAPLUS), they haven't had anywhere near the attention and recognition that they deserve. I've always worried about them because of this, and they've never exactly been the kind of band to spew out release after release. Then when their record label, Dear Dolce, closed down last year, I was terrified. A number of the bands signed with Dear Dolce went on hiatus or disbanded following the label closing down. However, PIECE pulled through and signed on with a new label, AKA-ON. Now, I may be wrong, as information on PIECE is quite hard for a non-Japanese fan to find, but from what I understand, they've only put out one release with AKA-ON, one single. So I actually still worried about them, despite having a new label. Reading poorly translated blog entries from the members didn't help either.

However, it looks like I didn't need to worry! This year has brought a lot of good things with PIECE. They've totally revamped their entire style. A new OHP, a new look, a new mini album and a PV preview! So go check out all their new goodies, kids! Finally my boys are going to get the love they deserve, I just know it!
[UPDATE] Ok so they're actually changing their band name too, their new name is 超時空アンドロイド-PIECE- (roughly translated using Google it means Super Dimension Android -PIECE-) I think it will still be ok to call them PIECE for short though, cause hell that's a long band name, and on their new band logo PIECE appears to be the dominant element of the name. It's up to you to decide what you want to call them, I'm gonna stick with PIECE ^^b


Here's their new individual pics/info (translated poorly by Google)


Vo. Nanami - Super Dimension Atomic Voice
Date of Manufacture: 3/18 rollout
Oil Type: O
Maximum Output: 5w
Power Source: Banana 2pcs
Twitter: @piece_nanami


Gt. Tsukihi - Super Dimension Space Guitar
Date of Manufacture: 2/25 rollout
Oil Type: B
Maximum Output: BPM5
Power Source: Parascience Smog
Twitter: @piece_tsukihi


Gt. Ayumu - Super Dimension Fairy Tale Guitar
Date of Manufacture: 9/13 rollout
Oil Type: AB
Maximum Output: Bari 5 
Power Source: Lunar base station delusional outbound propagation (?)
Twitter: @piece_ayumu


Ba. Takiru - Super Dimension Hero Bass
Date of Manufacture: 10/31 rollout
Oil Type: O
Maximum Output: 5LOVE
Power Source: Wave of Love
Twitter: @piece_takiru


Dr. Ryo - Super Dimension Diru Drum (?)
Date of Manufacture: 01/24 rollout
Oil Type: B
Maximum Output: 5 Tissue (?)
Power Source: Adrenaline Secretion Drug (?)
Twitter: @piece_ryo69

PV Preview forアトミックビーム (Atomic Beam) 

New Mini Album

『SATELLITE CUBE』
2013.06.05 RELEASE / ¥2,625 (Tax in)

Tracklist
1."planetary gear" 
2.アトミックビーム 
3.HIGH×DRIVE 
4.PAPER MOON 
5.ヒーロードールTV 
6.ANGEL DUST

(DVD)
1.アトミックビーム(PV)

This is all info you can find on their OHP/JPOPASIA, just all in English and all in one place, basically. As for where to buy the mini, I've been checking CDJapan regularly (and the usual Japanese record stores sites) for it to be listed, but so far nothing. So I'll keep my eyes open for where/how overseas fans can buy the mini!

[UPDATE] Ok so I just checked some Japanese sites again, and now Like an Edison and ZEALLINK have it listed!
Unfortunately, from what I remember, neither store does overseas shipping, so you'll need a shopping service. However, if they have it listed, then I imagine that other stores (hopefully ones that ship internationally) will also have it up soon. I'll keep checking!
As for shopping services, I highly recommend using Tenso (which I have blogged about before here)
Personally I wouldn't go with CDJapan's Special Request Service. Their fees aren't as good as Tenso. I've also heard that Japonica Market is pretty good too!
[UPDATE] Ok so the other day I tweeted to CDJapan asking if they are planning on listing the mini, and they replied today (today's date is 05.29) saying "Hi. We still haven't received any details about it. So, we don't know at this point"
Sooo, for the moment it looks like they don't have plans to list it. Don't worry just yet, though! They do have PIECE's first full album listed, so there's still a chance that they'll get it later. I'll keep you updated!
[UPDATE 06.03] CDJapan have listed SATELLITE CUBE! It's listed under the new band name, Chojiku Android -PIECE-. I just ordered my copy, so GO GO GO GET YOURS! ^^

If anyone has any further info, then please do let me know and I'll be sure to include it/credit you!

That's all for now. Please, give PIECE  a fair go, ok! And watch out for them, they're stepping it up! They've worked so hard and are really something special! Also, sorry this post is a little messy and all over the place. I'm working on it OTL

Now Playing - SHINING WORLD by PIECE

No comments:

Post a Comment